By Denise Baken,Ioannis Mantzikos
What danger does Al Qaeda pose to the us because it keeps to conform within the wake of the Arab Spring, and what are the group's evolving suggestions for development and survival the world over? This booklet presents answers.
• Analyzes the Al Qaeda trust that violence is needed to accomplish its targets and the typical Al Qaeda notion that violence used to be used successfully via the colonialists and the West, fairly the us and France
• Identifies the precursors to Al Qaeda enterprises and the way al Qaeda grew to become what it really is today
• Examines Al Qaeda's enterprise institutions and its ties to piracy and arranged crime, making a choice on the possibilities those ties create; in addition to the organization's use of rising technology—especially the Internet—to succeed in out to a more youthful, technology-savvy viewers for his or her message
Read or Download Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar terrorism books
The realm bought a impolite creation to Islamic eschatology (“End of Time” ideals) through the atrocities of ISIS—which are meant to hotwire the apocalypse and spark the arrival of al-Mahdi, the “rightly-guided” fundamental messianic determine of Islam. yet such ideals lengthy predate al-Baghdadi’s terrorist kingdom, having deep ancient and theological roots in Islam, between either Sunnis and Shi`is.
Les déplacements des Africains concernent massivement. .. l’Afrique seule. Se préoccuper des migrations internationales, c’est donc porter le regard bien au-delà des conjonctures européennes. Ce numéro de Politique étrangère s’y attache, tentant de décrire (dans son file Migrations en Afrique : un regard neuf) les déterminants multiples des mouvements migratoires, les tentatives des États du continent noir pour gérer le problème majeur des déplacés internes, les difficultés d’intégration des migrants du travail dans les sociétés d’accueil, ou les faux-semblants des accords euro-africains de réadmission.
Sooner or later after a fashionable U. S. Muslim chief reacted to the November 2015 Paris assaults with a assertion that the Islamic kingdom, sometimes called ISIS, has not anything to do with Islam, President Obama made an identical statement. Who precisely is the enemy we are facing, not just within the center East but in addition inside our borders?
A primary source for someone drawn to the long term ramifications of the ecu migration trouble, this ebook objectively assesses how Europe's destiny path might be impacted via the major safety, political, and financial traits and occasions stemming from the migration drawback. • offers a contextualized, multidisciplinary research of the migrant drawback that covers every little thing from prepared crime and terrorism to media ethics, monetary features, and the background of rules• Discusses U.
- Modern Geopolitics and Security: Strategies for Unwinnable Conflicts
- Confronting Enemy Within:Security Intelligence Police & Co: Security Intelligence, the Police, and Counterterrorism in Four Democracies
- Detention and Denial: The Case for Candor after Guantánamo
- Syria, Iran, and Hezbollah: The Unholy Alliance and Its War on Lebanon (Hoover Institution Press Publications)
- Small Ships in Theater Security Cooperation (2008)
- The Selling of 9/11: How a National Tragedy Became a Commodity
Additional info for Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International)